WHAT IS SALVATION?
IN THE BEGINNING
When God created man both male and female they were both created in the Image and likeness of God. They were innocent and had no sin and knowledge of sin. Man had fellowship with God but God did not live in man. God in creating man had a personal and purposeful plan for man’s life.
But through disobedience to God’s commands, man lost his position of dominion and fellowship with God.As a result, all humanity became enslaved by the sin nature and was separated from God and the riches of his blessing. Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
So God himself in an attempt to restore our relationship with him sent His only begotten son to come to earth as a human being and die as a sacrifice for our sin to restore us back into a relationship with God. John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son so that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life."
WHAT DOES GOD WANT ME TO DO?
1. Acknowledge that God needs to be first place in my life and ask Him to forgive my sins. 1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness”
2. Believe that Jesus death, burial, and resurrection was to pay for my sins.
3. Confess with my mouth. Romans 10:9 “If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead you shall be saved.”
4. Accept God’s free gift of Salvation. I cannot earn my salvation through my deeds, I simply must accept it. Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by Grace are ye saved through faith; and not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works so that any man can boast."
5. Invite Jesus Christ to come into my life to be the Lord of my life. Rev 3:20 “Behold I stand at the door and knock: if any man hears my voice, and open the door, I will come in."
THE PRAYER OF SALVATION
"Dear God, I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I repent of my sins and the life that I have lived; I need your forgiveness. I believe that your only son Jesus Christ, who was without sin, died for my sins on the cross at Calvary to save me. I believe that on the third day he rose from the dead and I now confess Jesus as the Lord of my life and accept Him as my personal Savior."
THE NEXT STEPS
Becoming a Christ follower is the most important step you can take in your life. If you have just accepted Christ let us know so we can get in touch with you. We are here to help guide you through that journey and grow your faith in Jesus.